We believe in your abilities, not your disabilities. At SMCC, our faculty and staff are focused on assisting you in reaching your educational goals. By developing the skills needed for academic and personal success, our staff can help you reach your full potential.
The Disability Resources Services (DRS) office is here to assist you in:
- Accessing and using resources that will help make you more independent and self-sufficient.
- Developing skills needed for academic and personal success.
- Creatively overcoming obstacles.
SMCC does not discriminate on the basis of any disability. As the college catalog states: "This non-discrimination policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship and admission to, access to, and treatment of students in the Maricopa Community Colleges' programs and activities including vocational education"(10). See our Student Handbook & Academic Planner for Maricopa County Community Colleges District's "Disabled Student Services" and "Discrimination Complaint Procedures", and our DRS flyer.
The mission of the Disability Resources and Services Office (DRS) at South Mountain Community College is to:
- Provide qualified, self-identifying students with disabilities equal access to a quality postsecondary educational experience by administering reasonable accommodations as needed;
- Foster and establish linkages, disability awareness, and collaboration between students, faculty/staff, and other college and community resources/services;
- Develop potential campus and community resources that will provide opportunities to strengthen student academic and vocational success.
Knowledge of disability, and disability documentation is kept confidential. Information is shared from DRC on a need to know basis, or as directed by the student.
|Spring/Fall Hours |
|Monday - Friday
||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Monday - Thursday
||8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|